Are you looking for solutions to eliminate the bad smell of your sandals? You can do it easily with some tips based on natural ingredients such as talc, clay, bicarbonate or essential oils.
Sandals are a nice and comfortable shoe that allows us to have fresh feet in hot weather. However, even though the openings allow us to keep our feet ventilated, the heat can also cause excess humidity and odor.
You may like:
- What is Yin Yoga? Basic poses and effects. Let’s balance the yin and yang and gain the flexibility of mind and body.
- Healthiest Way Of Losing Weight
Solutions to eliminate the bad smell of your sandals
The combination of some materials of our sandals together with the sweat and the bacteria of the feet result in the bad smell. If we do not remedy it, that smell does not disappear and it is very evident when carrying part of the bare feet.
However, some home solutions can help us reduce or eliminate this problem. We should only use them when taking off our sandals and, when we put them on again, they will be perfect.
Using clay with essential oils we can neutralize the unpleasant smell of the sandals. This ingredient can even be applied directly to the feet.
White clay is a natural product with the ability to absorb l as toxins . This makes it an excellent topical and oral solution (as long as it is a clay intended for this purpose). Furthermore, its similarity to talcum powder makes it easy to apply.
Today we can find clay in herbalists, pharmacies and natural products stores. In addition, we can add some essential oils to give it a specific aroma. For example, we recommend lavender, rosemary or lemon.
- We only have to apply a little of this mixture to the sole of the sandals when we take them off at night.
- In addition, we can apply the clay to the sole of the foot just when we are going to use them.
- With this clay we can also do foot treatments , just as we would do on our faces. In this way we help to eliminate toxins through the skin and to combat bad root odor.
Tea bags with mint
Do you usually drink infusions of tea, pennyroyal or the like? You should know that if you leave the used bags to dry, you will have at your fingertips a simple and economical natural environment deodorant. These bags can be used for the fridge, closets, the car or … your sandals.
- When you have had your tea, let the infusion bag dry.
- We recommend that, to enhance a pleasant aroma, impregnate them with a few drops of peppermint essential oil . As they lose the smell, you can add more.
Baking with citrus oils and peeling
Baking soda has antibacterial properties that help disinfect sandals to eliminate bad odor.
One of the oldest remedies to eliminate the bad smell of your sandals and any footwear is baking soda . This absorbent, fungicidal and alkalizing product helps us to solve many situations at home.
In this case, we propose to combine it with other ingredients that we do not usually take advantage of: citrus peelings. These are rich in natural essences and give a delicious smell that we associate with cleanliness and freshness.
- Peel different citrus fruits (lemon, orange, tangerine or grapefruit) into thin strips and put them in a pot with baking soda.
- We recommend not chopping them too much for added convenience later when using this mixture.
- Let the bicarbonate soak for a few days.
- Put a little on the sole of the sandals at night to absorb the bad smell.
Other tips to remove bad odor from sandals
- Try to leave the shoe in a rather airy and dry area, especially the one that tends to present bad odors.
- Choose sandals made of natural materials and with good breathability.
- If you suspect you may have a foot infection, visit your podiatrist.
- Diet also influences the smell of our body . Increase the consumption of raw fruits and vegetables and drink at least two liters of water throughout the day.
As you have read in this article, eliminating the bad smell of your sandals is possible. You just have to use the solutions that we propose and follow these final tips. Give it a try and take that complex off!